Thursday, November 26, 2009

Forever after

A few days ago a woman from my past approached me during the intermission of a concert I attended, just as I was thinking that I can be among hundreds sharing same interests in a town I lived for many years and yet not see a soul I knew. One person instantly brought back memories of places and events many of them I did not want to remember, yet without them I would not be where I am today.
I am grateful for being alive and for my experiences.
She told me of the unexpected death of an old friend's son, a young man in his '30 a couple of years ago on Thanksgiving day. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child and today for many people it is a sad day.
As President Obama will soon announce his decision to send more troops in Afghanistan
I share William River Pitt's "Unhappy Thanksgiving"
I don't mean to rain on your parade but my friends the reality of more casualties is there and we cannot, should not ignore this. On this Thanksgiving day listen to the wish that will always be in my heart. If only, we all could say NO to wars !
This would be one of the greatest experience we could happily share.

No comments: