Thursday, October 30, 2008

Concerned about Barack Obama?

You bet I am! I am outraged at the smear campaign and at the dishonesty of the McCain/Palin rallies. Gone is the respect I once had for McCain. The man's legacy will be remembered by the dirty campaign he conducted and his choice of a prop as V.P. With Sarah Palin he incited his followers to hatred and violence. Today his "joe the plumber" had the audacity to say "Vote for a true American" suggesting that Obama is not a patriot.
Yes, I am concerned . Obama is winning in the polls but so was John Kerry in 2004 and we saw what happened! The whole world is waiting for Obama's victory and I pray.
Meanwhile, Palin attacks Obama and former Gov. Tom Ridge declares that that McCain had made a bold choice by selecting Palin. No kidding!
After 8 years of a Bush presidency I am afraid that our country will stay divided for a very long time. It is not just a question of political differences but it is about blatant hatred, discrimination and racism. This is not the America I knew. Perhaps I did not want to know because it is too damn painful.

No comments: