Thursday, November 27, 2008

On Thanksgiving day

Grateful for being alive, having friends with whom I share this day, having a home even for only today are only the few of the reasons why I am thankful. I am thankful for all the experiences of my live, having been born in North Africa when traffic lights, taxis, refrigerators and air conditioners were unknown to us. It was the time of horse-and-buggy, ice boxes and ceiling fans. Time when families took long walks at night under the soft breeze of summer days, when our cities slowed down early afternoons and the sound of singing crickets was our nights. from that time gone long ago, I have not taken for granted what I have today. Instead, I appreciate what I have and I know that whom I have become and what I fight for has the continuity of the peace I once perceived growing up. For this, yes today was a good Thanksgiving day.

No comments: