Sunday, June 21, 2009

To this, I say never!

when I volunteered to work on Howard Dean's campaign and joined the hard core liberal-democrats of "PhillyForDean", I also joined many on a long bus drive to Iowa. This was January 2004. Today I am still a democrat but I am aware that some of us have left he party to become independents. After so many deceptions we went through, I do not blame them. But when one of them recently contacted me and told me that she could not openly speak about being a democrat because of her personal relationship with a die-hard conservative and suggested that I should embrace the differences for the sake of debates and/or possibly reconciliation, to this I say, never!
I find outrageously hypocrite for someone to pretend and/or hide beliefs in order to please someone else and I cannot comprehend anyone having a personal relationship with someone with such deep political differences. Sad to say, but too many people do not see the reality that politic touches their life from the morning they wake-up to the time they go to sleep, in their own life at home, from the toothpaste they use, the food they eat, the car they drive and the air they breathe ( to name a few.)
What is the name of a die-hard conservative who fights against the big corporations making money at the expense of the tax-payers, who opposes making riches richer and who supports the rights of every citizen to be treated equally and have access to health insurance (even if not affordable)?
I choose not to lose time in debating. Too busy fighting for what I morally believe is right.

No comments: