Saturday, August 23, 2008

OBAMA/BIDEN and why I am not thrilled

In 2004 I worked my ass off on Howard Dean's campaign, went to Iowa, slept on the floor, knocked at doors, walked miles in cold snowy- windy- weather . I believed in Dean, the anti-war candidate, the one that PhillyForChange had great hope for victory. Iowa here we come , PHOTOS

You know the rest. Dean lost, Kerry lost, or should I say the stolen Election of 2000 was keeping its course.

Today, we have Barack Obama and his running mate Joe Biden. No, I am not thrilled and do not want to be. I remember looking in the mirror of my bathroom while CNN was doing its projection. Kerry was ahead of Bush, Kerry was the winner without a doubt. I said "and if..." no, it was not possible. NO! How could it be? I panicked for a moment. In the morning we had the "winner". Bush was again "elected". I Cannot, will not believe in the polls, the only thing I can do is do all I can to persuade people to vote for our ticket.

And if McCain makes it, trust me it will be for one reason and one reason only: America is racist. Oh! the Media will analyse to death our defeat, from "inexperienced" candidate to the fear of voters for another attack on our soil, that only a warmonger could help us avoid and/or fight back.

No, I am not thrilled, but I will continue to be positive and believe that this time people are smarter. That's all I want to keep in mind.

No comments: