Tuesday, September 23, 2008

McCain/Palin "Victory" rally!

I was among the peace activists in front of the Court House in Media chanting "No more of the same! Bush, war and McCain!" as the supporters of McCain/Palin waited for their "victory" rally to begin. I am outraged at the distasteful comment "keep your legs closed" one man shouted at the Planned Parenthood group and at the vicious personal accusation someone made in calling someone a "pedophile" - Never mind that many children were part of the republican crowd. My friends, this is not an example of teaching civility and respect ! I did not escape verbal attacks either, in fact I rarely do during our always peaceful protests as even after forty years of living in the United States I still have a strong french accent. A woman told me to go back to where I came from and that I should "shut up" because I was not born in America -never mind that I am an American citizen- And as I was holding high a huge Obama sign "America's Hope", she added "Put your arms down, I am smelling you!" My friends, change in Washington must start in every home of America. Call me naive but I have never seen so much hatred among Americans since I live here. Don't we have enough hatred in the world?

No comments: