Saturday, January 3, 2009

Freaking wars!

Some say that as long as there is life, there is hope. Today, I feel tired of hoping. I am tired of protesting against wars, tired to witness wars for "Peace". As I am writing, Gaza is in flame and children die. This is war, they say. Cannot avoid people for being killed. There will never be Peace on earth, and as my my friend L. says , many Peace organizations will be out of a job if all wars would cease. No more members, no more salaries given for a quota in recruiting new members. Yes, anti-war is also a business for many.
I wish that all "combatants" would stop to listen and refuse to fight. It would be as I hoped before in asking Congress to stop sending money for the war on Iraq. No money, our soldiers would have come home a long time ago. But we seem to like heroism. We call Heroes those who die for the leaders who sent them to fight, let alone to fight for lies. We call Heroes those who come back physically and/or mentally damaged for life. We build monuments in the memories of the fathers, mothers, son and daughters who did not escape the bullets and bombs. We pray in their memories and pray that it won't happen again. Until next time. In our calendar we create a new holiday in the "Memory of..." Thank you, but I have enough of friends and family who already are in my memory for just dying of disease. I do not need new holidays to commemorate another war. And no, my father was not a "Hero" either. Poor young man was not educated enough to get a better job to feed his family, probably like the German guy who shot him to death. Today, Boris Vian is my mind. Listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjndTXyk3mw
or:
Boris Vian Le Deserteur English Subtitles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpLHRQV7sQ

1 comment:

Larry said...

Monique:
I agree with the absurdity of the warfare state and it's attendent thinking leaving us all in a quagmire.

Larry